<<This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at NO extra cost to you. I support these products because I believe in their quality…not because I earn from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure for more details.>>
2019 is right around the corner and do I ever love the start of a new year. It feels like a fresh start at life every 365 days. This year one of my goals is to maximize our savings on the basics that our household always needs – think toilet paper, coffee, dish soap, laundry detergent, body wash, diapers and loads more. These are the items I never really think about, yet pick up all the time here and there at grocery and retail stores as needed. Last year I automated many of these purchases via Amazon’s Subscribe & Save program since we are already Amazon Prime Members. It definitely saved us some cash since you automatically save 5% once you subscribe for a product. Plus, subscribers receive an additional 15% off ALL automated orders once you have at least five products ordered each month. Boom!
I figured I had maximized our savings…BUT, throughout the year I noticed that when certain retailers ran promotions that sometimes our basics would be cheaper there than through our Amazon Subscribe & Save. Hmmmmmm. So, this year I am going to attempt to tackle these potential savings and figure out the best bang for our family buck while keeping in mind convenience. What does your basic shopping list look like? Could you save some cash in this category in 2019? Have you found any great deals or how to maximize savings on household essentials?
Because why wouldn’t you want to eat whip cream on a spoon for breakfast.
- Whip cream on a spoon. (Truth: I laugh…and then I say no because that is not a breakfast food. Then she asks again and I sweetly repeat no because that is not a breakfast food. Then she asks again and I still sweetly repeat no because that is not a breakfast food. Finally at some point she is melting down over the lack of me listening to her demands of whip cream on a spoon for breakfast and somewhere along the lines I not-so-nicely repeat no because that is not a breakfast food.)
- Ten pieces of popcorn in a pink bowl. (Ummmmm, yep you can totally have that because it is one of your healthier breakfast requests.)
- Only vitamins. (This wouldn’t be the end of the world if she would also eat the non-gummy vitamins…but, toddler. I have a love/ hate relationship with gummy vitamins.)
- Cookies. (I have found some alphabet cookies from IKEA called KEX that I most definitely call “cookies”. They are shaped like alphabet letters and taste like graham crackers. Cookies for breakfast while learning alphabet letters and sounds = Parenting win.)
- An entire can of black olives. (What’s the deal with toddlers and black olives? Thank you dear Costco for stocking Lindsay Natural Black Olives in a 6-pack.)
Hi. Welcome to Laugh. Yell. Repeat. Here you will find all things related to our messy, beautiful life. Each day I try to be a better mother, wife and human being. Most days life feels like I take one step forward and two steps backward, but it’s better than staying still. So, come along for the ride and let’s try to be a little better each day. The world could always use more goodness.