<<This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at NO extra cost to you. I support these products because I believe in their quality…not because I earn from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure for more details.>>
Every year one of my goals is to read MORE. Sometimes I succeed and mostly I fail, but it never stops me from trying again the next year. This year I’ve compiled my 2019 reading list and am reaching out to various friends who have the same books on their list and creating a virtual book club. I’m hoping this will increase my motivation factor to finish each book if I’m reading along (virtually) with a friend. This year’s reading list has EVERYTHING…biographies, autobiographies, fiction, classics, poetry, international authors, Black authors, fiction, non-fiction, parenting, Christianity, social justice, book prize winners and more. So, here it is…my 2019 reading list! Are any of these books on your list? What is your MUST READ in 2019? How do you diversify your reading list?
- January – Becoming by Michelle Obama
- February – The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- March –Think Like a Pancreas by Gary Scheiner, MS, CDE
- April – Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist
- May – The Good Neighbor: The Life and Work of Fred Rogers by Maxwell King
- June – Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- July – I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown
- August – One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- September – Letter to My Daughter by Maya Angelou
- October –Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
- November – The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
- December – The Danish Way of Parenting by Jessica Joelle Alexander and Dissing Sandahl
Do you have some literary inspiration? Are you ready to open up a book right this minute? Gather up your books and come along with me on an adventure to resolving to read more in 2019!